Thursday, December 27, 2007

Will Jesus Come to Earth Again?

Jesus said, "In my Father's home [heaven] there are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me."1

Year after year with "tireless regularity and eternal patience," God reminds the world every Christmas that he sent his Son, Jesus, to save lost mankind. Christmas is also God's reminder that Jesus is coming back to earth for all who have accepted him as their personal Lord and Savior.

His first coming is an indisputable fact of history. His second coming to end this world age is just as certain. According to Bible scholars, there are 1,845 references in the Old Testament and 318 in the New Testament about Christ's second coming to earth. This means for every prophecy in the Bible about Christ's first coming—every one of which was fulfilled in minute detail—there are eight about his second coming!

Jesus is coming again. God has promised this in his Word, the Bible. Jesus himself promised it as well. And all the signs that Jesus and the Bible said would immediately precede his return are evident today, also reminding us that Christ's return could be very soon. If it were today, would you be ready?

Christmas is also a reminder to all Christians that Jesus has commissioned all of us to spread his message of salvation to everyone everywhere.2 Jesus said that, "This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."3 Never has this been more possible than it is today because our generation has the greatest means of worldwide communications the world has ever seen.

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, how can I ever thank you enough for your great CHRISTmas love gift to me and to the world. In appreciation for all you have done for me, I surrender my heart and life afresh to you. Please make me usable and use me in whatever way you will to be a part of your plan to spread the gospel to the world in which I live and in some way to people around the world. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus' name. Amen."

Note: If you have never received Jesus as your Savior I encourage you to read God's Invitation at: http://tinyurl.com/6k49w or if you would like to make a recommitment of your life to Jesus Christ, do let us know by filling in and checking the appropriate box at: http://www.actsweb.org/decision.php

1. John 14:2-3 (NIV).
2. Mark 16:15.
3. Matthew 24:14 (NIV).

Credit: Daily Encounter

No comments: