Tuesday, October 9, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG SIS!!!!




Morning all, its such a beautiful day today don't you agree? This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it. With a new day comes new beginnings, another chance to start fresh and do it right.

Today is also my beautiful elder sister Rhonda's birthday. You know growing up we were close so close that if anything happened to her I would cry. Then in our teens we grew apart this was a very sad period in my life, even our father's death did not mend our relationship. Not having an elder sister to confide in or guide me was devastating since my other sister, Sherma already left home and I felt all alone (at least so I thought, Jesus was always there).

Rhonda migrated to the US back in January 1998 to pursue her studies and we hashed it out before she left and that move was the beginning of mending our relationship. She visited 'home' two weeks ago and I was so very excited to see her because although she visited on numerous occasions before I actually felt that we reconnected and rekindled that love we once shared long ago.

So when I saw her, her hubby, my niece and my twin nieces (identical) I was so ecstatic it did not matter that the girls 3yrs and 16mths tore my office to bits, LOL all that mattered was that my sister was here and that we were alright.

So Sherma's 2nd son turned 8yrs on September 24th and my brother's (Timothy) daughter was going to be 1yr the day after and his s step daughter's birthday was the 23rd so we had a family day to celebrate. It was so wonderful, its been years since all of us were together like that I was just so very very happy.

Everyone was there except Sherwin, he's the oldest and lives in Maryland he migrated since before I knew myself, LOL. He was sorely missed. So there we were Mummy, Sherma, Rhonda, myself (Tricia), Timothy, Chrystal and Josiah. Siblings reunited after how long? Oh and don't forget our own families. It made me realise how blessed we truly are. September 24th 2007 will be a day forever etched in my memory (I wish Rhonda would hurry up and send the pics already, LOL).

And that is why I am dedicating this day to my beautiful sister Rhonda and to the rest of the family. God Bless




HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG SIS, I LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments: