Tuesday, July 29, 2008

When It's all been said and done


Good day to all of you my brothers and sisters in the Lord. This is the day that the Lord has made we will rejoice and be glad in it.

At last Sunday morning service our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ used his Oracle our Pastor to ask us three questions and for us to truly examine our hearts and answer truthfully.

Question 1:

Jesus asked – Do you love me more than your best friend?

My answer – I paused, thought about my best-friend (my husband), then I said: "Yes Lord I do love you more than my best friend”.

I must confess I really had to think about that which should not be, I felt disappointed in myself because he deserves so much more.

Question 2:

Jesus asked – Why are you serving me?

My answer – The first answer that popped into my head – “Because I have no choice”

This time I felt ashamed since I knew that I should not just serve Him because He is the only way to life everlasting but because I must have a great desire in my heart to bring my end to completion (i.e.) live for him and let his will be done in my life for the edifying of the church, learn and be strong and pass on all that I have learnt to faithful men and women who would then pass it on to other faithful for His honour and glory.

Question 3:

Jesus asked – What does serving me mean to you if you are following friends?

My answer: “Lord what?”

I can just imagine how Peter felt in John 21 (after Jesus’ resurrection) when the Lord Jesus asked Him – Do you love me three times. Do you love me more than them (Peter’s close friends, six of the other 11 disciples).

I can just imagine how Peter felt when the Lord Jesus told him to feed his lambs, feed his sheep and told him how his final days on the earth will be if he chose to truly follow him.

Although Peter knew that he would become blind, crucified and suffer many other trials once he chose to follow Christ, he did – Because he loved Him.

It made me take a step back and look at my walk and sensitized me to the fact that many of us truly don’t comprehend what it truly means to Love Jesus.

How many of us will die for him once it brings honour and glory to Him?

How many of us will take the extra time and effort to feed his lambs (young Christians) and be patient with them the way Jesus has and still is patient with us?

How many of us would serve Him if it means loosing the things and those we love and treasure?

For many of us will be called upon to loose, suffer and die for Him, which would we choose? Would we love life and loose it? Or would we hate our life and live?

This morning (like every morning) my husband turned on praise and worship for us to commune with and praise Elohim whilst getting ready for work. Then I heard a song from Don Moen, which truly crystallized what was said on Sunday, and it really stuck in my spirit, it ached my heart. I must share this food with you.

God Bless and I Love you all.

When it’s all been said and done:

When it's all been said and done
There is just one thing that matters
Did I do my best to live for truth?
Did I live my life for you?

When it's all been said and done
All my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I have done For love's rewards
Will stand the test of time

Lord, your mercy is so great
That you look beyond our weakness
That you found purest gold in miry clay
Turning sinners into saints

I will always sing your praise
Here on earth and in heaven after
For you've joined me at my true home
When it's all been said and done
You're my life when life is gone...


By Don Moen
Album: Thank You Lord



No comments: