Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Search That Cannot Wait


You know, death always makes you reflect on what really matters in this life. It makes you question why are we here.

On January 17th 2008, I lost both my beloved grandfather and my young cousin. It shows that death is no respecter of persons, it can happen to anyone of us at anytime.

I had not seen my cousin Alicia for sometime and to be honest never got to opportunity to minister to her of God's mercy and goodness so I have been wrestling with grief and guilt since I really don't know if she got the chance and if she did took the chance to accept Jesus Christ as her personal Lord and Saviour.

Grandad on the other hand was always close to my heart. We loved him deeply. Although he had his less than likable ways he loved us anyway and we him.

He left for Texas, U.S.A. right after thanksgiving and I knew that I would never see him again in this life. We prayed fervently for his salvation. We were happy he was with my Aunt who is also a believer in Jesus Christ and when he died, although we cried (my son and I), I felt a calming peace come over me because I know that he made it and now both him and daddy (he died in 1994) is eagerly awaiting our entrance into paradise.

So I implore you, if you do not know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, please answer the door for he is knocking.

"Behold, now is 'the acceptable time,' behold, now is 'the day of salvation.'"1



Following the news of ex-Beatle George Harrison's death on December 1, 2001, anchor Anne Curry of television's TODAY show interviewed Anthony DeCurtis, a writer for Rolling Stone magazine. DeCurtis talked at length about Harrison's search for a meaningful spiritual life. Speaking of the Beatles, Curry said, "Apparently Harrison was the most spiritual of the group; in a recent interview, he said, 'Everything else in life can wait, but the search for God cannot wait.'"2


I don't know whether Harrison ever found God or not. I surely hope he did. I suspect, however, like too many, he may have made the search for God a complicated thing when the easiest way to find God is a simple belief in God's Word which says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"3 — and a simple prayer such as, "God, I believe in Jesus. Please be merciful to me a sinner."


Suggested prayer: "Dear God, thank you that I don't have to search to find you because you have found me and have revealed yourself in your Son, Jesus Christ, and that all I have to do is to confess that I am a sinner, believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that he died on the cross to save me from my sins and ask for your forgiveness. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen."

For help read "How to Be Sure You're a Real Christian" by clicking on the Know God link below or going to: http://tinyurl.com/8glq9.

1. 2. Corinthians 6:2 (NASV).
2. Dave Slagle, Lawrenceville, GA., http://www.preachingtoday.com/.
3. John 3:16 (NIV).

Credit: Daily Encounter

2 comments:

FOL said...

So sorry I wasn't around for you.

Electra (trinidad) said...

That's alright I know u would have if you knew :)