Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Excuses

Good Morning beautiful people. Do u know that we are all wonderfully made by God? Well if not, you do now.

I am a reader of the Daily Encounter. About a week or so ago I was reading on Excuses.

I have to confess that I too am very guilty of making excuses. I hope that you are blessed and touched. It went something like this:

And how did Adam excuse and justify himself when he sinned and disobeyed God? Many say he blamed Eve. But he really blamed God. "It was the woman you gave me that made me do it," he said to God! And then the woman blamed the serpent!

I often wonder how many of us blame either God or the devil for the things that have gone wrong in our lives, things which were the direct result of the choices we made all by ourselves. Sometimes, to blame God, the devil, or anybody else for our problems is a handy excuse to hang on to if we don't want to face reality, accept responsibility, and grow up!

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, help me always to be honest with myself and face reality and always accept responsibility for the things I say, the things I do, the feelings I feel, and the motives behind all of these. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen."

1. Luke 10:29.

1 comment:

~MEALE~ said...

Nice Electra, I to have been guilty of this.