Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Beginnings

In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of GOD was hovering over the face of the waters. Then GOD said "Let there be light" and there was light. (Genesis 1:1-3)

As the year 2007 has come upon us let us embrace this New Year as a new beginning. Old things are passed away and everything becomes new. (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Let the light of GOD shine forth and truly touch our lives like never before.

Last year is gone forever, even though many of its effects will live on. However, we can't go back and do what we should or could have done. We can't undo those things we regret having done.

The good news is we can put the past behind us and accept the New Year as a new opportunity to grow emotionally and spiritually, to serve God and our fellow man, and to achieve something worthwhile that will last for time and eternity.

Devotion:

Change my heart Oh Lord; Make it ever true;

Change my heart Oh Lord; May I be like you.

You are the Potter; I am the Clay;

Mold me and make me; this is why I say;

Change my heart Oh Lord; Make it ever true;

Change my heart Oh Lord; May I be like you.

Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey E! So happy to see you have a blog put up yourself, this is cool to have these encouragments up and things to keep you on the right path! I love you and keep in touch! ;-)